Monday, January 31, 2011

God desires your Total Praise Now, not later

At the beginning of the year the Lord gave me a scripture verse and every day I have read it and mediated on that verse, now I am not sure as of yet if it was just for this month or season of mine. But as I promised I would come back at the end of the month and share with you what the Lord has revealed to me.

The verse is found in Ezekiel 36:26 says "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." The Lord has been speaking to me about how He is going to do some changing in my heart, to make it sensitive to the point that I will be driven by His truth the more so. To desire more of God's heart and get rid of the things which are not apart of God's heart. I tell you now family this has made me look at myself in a different way. And oh boy my flesh has been fighting me on this the whole time, because how many of you know that when you do what God says the enemy pulls out all the tricks?

In my devotion and prayer this morning I heard the Lord speaking to me about how we His children sit and complain about many things, how we stay focused on our own agendas and how we lack when it comes to giving God "total praise." When they find themselves in trouble instead of giving God total praise we mummer and complain like the children of Israel. God gave them manna all day He gave them fire by night to keep them warm He gave them cool shade as they went through the desert during the day. And they only praised God when He delivered them.

I plead with you today, don't take praising God for granted, it's an honor to praise Him in freedom. You and I will never know the out come of the webs we find ourselves in but one thing is for sure we can praise God anytime and anywhere. Sometimes I don't think that we really see how blessed we really are that we can praise God in freedom. So many people in this world don't have the freedom that you have to praise God anytime and anywhere.

Give God "total praise" He is waiting on you this day!

4 comments:

Melinda Patton said...

More great words Desiray! I love the idea on meditating on a single verse.

Your words spoke to me too...as I have had some personal issues occur in the past few years that I find make me angry at God, rather than full of praise. You know, that pitiful, "when is it going to be my turn?" kind of thing. But I do have to remember that God's plan for my life is greater than anything I can imagine and I need to praise His glory despite what I, in my limited human perception, see as disappointments.

Thank you for the faith-ful encouragement.

Phather Phil Malmstrom said...

Excellent post Desiray.

It's always easy to praise Him when times are good, but true devotion comes in when we can honestly thank Him for His Presence even when we aren't in such good shape.

And yes, it's a true gift for us to have the freedom to praise Him whenever and wherever we wish.

Have a Blessed Day!

Kelli said...

I love this "we His children sit and complain about many things, how we stay focused on our own agendas and how we lack when it comes to giving God "total praise." You are so right. We forget that praising God in everything, ALL the time (Ps.34:1) is a command. Its hard to do but if we can praise God with thanksgiving in the hard times it makes it easier to do the next time. The it becomes second nature. Im not there yet...but Im improving!:)

Desiray said...

Kelli I know what you mean about not being there and improving I know for me I can do it depending on the severity of my trials but I know that is not what God requires He requires us to praise no matter how serve the trials are.

Phather that is so very true it is true devotion unto the Lord and sister Melinda we as humans do see things from our perspective but God is still working on us as I say I am a work in progress.